prepping for vacation | castle rock colorado photographer

Hello, friends!
This week I am preparing for our very first family vacation! Eeek! I am so very excited, nervous, and a little bit anxious! (my dear husband would say that I’m more than a little bit anxious. Haha)

We will be spending a week on the West Coast. My parents are taking us to Las Vegas for some “grown-up” fun and then we are renting a van and driving to California for 2 days in Disney, a day at the beach, and a day at the Wild Animal Park where my kids will meet their Great Grandparents.

I am really looking forward to Disneyland! Here are some photos of me and my brother in Disneyland. These are scanned in Polaroids! And I love them so  much. I kind of miss Polaroids. It reminds me to get my photos printed, so 20 years from now when my kids ask to see Disneyland pictures I can pull out albums or shoe boxes or something tangible instead of gathering around my computer!
goofyminnierobinhood

I am looking forward to my kiddos experiencing the Magic of Disney. Those are literally the best memories of my childhood. They have never been to a the ocean or felt sand between their toes. I am more than excited to capture these moments. I will be lugging my camera around most days, but I want to be in the moment with my kids. So, day 2 in Disney will only include my iPhone.

Don’t worry, I will be sharing my experiences. You can always follow me on instagram to see a sneak peak into our adventure. www.instagram.com/sheblinikkole

I would love any and all advice from all of you beautiful people. From flying Southwest to renting cars to Disneyland all with 3 kids 4, 3, and 1!

I will be attempting to not return emails, but I make no guarantees! If, I am able to resist the urge to return emails then they will be returned on May 12th.

One more thing! Today, is my Daddy’s 52nd birthday and in honor of that here is a photo from Disneyland with my dad and brother! Happy Birthday, Daddy! Love you so much!dad

Until May 12th!
signature

1. Anonymous

April 30th, 2014 at 10:45 pm

So excited for you! Have an amazing time <3

2. Anonymous

April 30th, 2014 at 10:45 pm

So excited for you! Have an amazing time <3

3. Anonymous

April 30th, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Check in as soon as possible, in order to get best choice of seats. SW doesn’t assign seats ahead, and it is a first come first serve basis, as you check in. Stay up late if need be, to check in on line the SECOND you are able to. Have a ball!!! If you get poor seats, it is a short flight, so know worries!

4. Anonymous

April 30th, 2014 at 11:13 pm

5. Anonymous

May 2nd, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Flying with small children: have lots of snacks, and distractions. We bought our boys each a tablet for our flight to Disney World in October and that occupied them the entire flight. We also got them fun headphones to wear. Letting them have a sucker or something during takeoff helped with the ear pressure issue. Don’t stress. Sometimes, kids freak out and don’t fly well. Just keep breathing and know that it won’t last forever. Can’t wait to hear all about it!!!

6. Anonymous